Thursday, July 19, 2007

BP Summer picnic





This past weekend we went to BP's Summer picnic...destination....Six Flags. I remember why it's been 10 years since I went...it was CRAZY. Granted, I'm not big on crowds, but I can deal with it. Just getting into the park took at least 30 + minutes. Doesn't seem that long, but when you have a 10 month old that is crying and a three year old saying "are we there, I want to go to Six Flags," things get a little hairy. An exciting thing did happen, Emma went on her first roller coaster. As we stood in line I thought to myself, she has no idea what it about to happen. We climbed into the seat, put our straps on and waited. I tried to keep the conversation positive, "This is going to be fun, this is your first ride, etc..." Well, the ride started and I still think she had no idea what it was all about. The entire time she did not scream cry or anything, her face looked scared, eyes wide open and teethe clenched, but when the ride was over she looked at me and said "I want to do that again." Success! She liked it, she had no fear and was willing to go again. Unfortunately, we never did, but at least she had a chance to try it. Overall, it was fairly good, besides the hot weather. We ended up going to their water park, which was crazier than the park itself. Unfortunately, we had an extremely tired 3 year old and the water was cold. At least Joshua, our 10 month old enjoyed himself. It was funny though, at one point I was looking for Mark and I thought I found him, but when I looked more closely, it was not him, just a look alike, same bathing suit and same WHITE body. After Mark got out, he told me how there was a guy in the same bathing suit that seemed to be following him. He spent some of the time just trying to get away from him. Well, it was a long day and even with it being free, I don't think I will go back any time soon. By the way, the last picture is of Emma and I on the roller coaster, we are the third cart.

0 comments: