Tuesday, July 31, 2007

DuPage County Fair






So, this past Sunday we went with Ann and Doug to the DuPage County Fair. I must say that I believe this is the first time I've ever gone to a county fair. It was interesting, not really what I thought, but then again, I really didn't know what to expect. They had at ton of each type of animal...how they judge them, I don't know, but I saw no difference between the first pig and the 15th pig. We walked around each animal tent except for the C.O.W....we can't say the word in front of Emma or she will get extremely nervous and scared. For some odd reason, she is afraid of cows and the sound they make. We never made it to the "carnival" side, which is fine with me, it didn't look like there were any rides for Emma, plus, I'm sure the rides were expensive. Emma rode the ponies ($4 for about 2 minutes!) and played with Lego's in one of the buildings(we hung out in there for a bit to cool off). She also enjoyed waiting for the chicks to hatch, but we never actually saw it happen, but we did check back a couple of times to make sure nothing happened while we were gone. Overall, it was a great event for Emma to experience.

1 comments:

Hunny Bee said...

Wow! You've never been to a county fair. I guess it was about time! That's so cute about checking back to see if the chicks had hatched yet! I can just picture a little child wanting to do that, to make sure they hadn't missed it! Cute post:)