Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Painting with Daddy




I thought it was sweet how Emma and daddy were spending quality time together painting. Mark was trying to teach her how to draw a face. It was beautiful out last night so we decided to take the painting outside on the porch. We spent about an hour outside painting different things (I had a chance to sit down and paint with Emma also). We bought the paints yesterday and I think that I already have to go back to the store and buy some more. It's funny though, when Emma paints she has no concern when it comes to mixing the colors. I was cringing inside thinking about how the colors will not be the true color, now it's tainted with a different color, what to do! After the initial shock, I got over it and let her do whatever she wanted.

4 comments:

Pea Pod Mommy said...

What a great moment! You captured it perfectly!

Hunny Bee said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for your comment, too. We are definitely sensing God's leading and though it's not what we expected, it's actually starting to look better than what we had planned! So exciting to see how God loves and always works on our behalf when we put our trust in Him! Hope you have a great day!!

Kerry said...

Welcome to the bloggy world! Kelly told me you had started one. Can't believe how big your kids are getting! :)

We should have a blogger night at the coffee shop with all the girls. I could show you guys some fun things to do w/ your blog!

we are reilly said...

It's hard to let go of that control, isn't it -- mixing paint colors is a big issue I have too!!! Kids don't care about those sorts of things -- they haven't learned the 'rules' to painting, huh? I have control issues like that.....sometimes I just have to walk away and breathe...